Skip to main content

Full text of "2016 Emails Between Wilshire Center BID And The City Of LA or Tara Devine"

See other formats

Subject:  Fwd:  Open  Forum  Digest  for  Friday  May  13,  2016
From:  Miranda  Paster
Date:  05/18/2016  03:18  PM

To:  lessisters@lycos.com,  s ch  <serranochilipepper@yahoo.com>,  wilmingtonchamber  <wilmingtonchamber@wilmington-
chamber.com>,  "Russell,  Mike"  <mike@wilshirecenter.com>,  Ellen  Endo  <ellenendo@yahoo.com>

Forwarded  message

From:  International  Downtown  Association  <DoNotReplv@connectedcommunitv.ora>

Date:  Sat,  May  14,  2016  at  12:25  AM

Subject:  Open  Forum  Digest  for  Friday  May  1 3,  201 6

To:  miranda.paster@lacitv.org

Open  Forum

Post  New  Message

May  13, 2016

started  4 days  ago,  Peqq  Gustafson  (5  replies)

Employees  parking  at  meters  cf

1.  The  problem  of  employee  (and  employer)  parking...  David  Feehan

Reolv  to  Sender

May  13,2016  11:21  AM
David  Feehan

The  problem  of  employee  (and  employer)  parking  at  meters  is  widespread.  However,  most  merchants  don't  have  any  idea  how
much  it  might  cost  them  in  terms  of  lost  business.  If  they  did  they  might  support  measures  to  reduce  this  practice  and  provide
alternatives  for  employees.  A couple  of  years  ago,  while  doing  a parking  advisory  panel  in  Fort  Collins,  CO,  I did  a rough
calculation  to  determine  the  cost  to  an  average  city  block  of  stores,  and  found  that,  based  on  the  average  sales  per  square  foot  of
$1 50,  a metered  space  could  cost  the  block  $350,000  in  sales  per  year.  I assumed  a 300  foot  block  with  20  feet  subtracted  for
sidewalks,  leaving  280  feet  of  frontage.  I assumed  building  depth  of  1 00  feet,  leaving  28,000  square  feet  per  block.  This  gives
each  block  potential  sales  of  $4,200,000  per  year.  Assuming  each  metered  space  is  22  foot  long,  that  makes  each  metered
space  worth  $350,000.  If  my  calculations  are  correct,  this  might  help  persuade  business  owners  to  work  with  BIDs,  downtown
organizations,  and  city  governments  to  provide  a "carrot  and  stick"  approach  to  the  problem.

David  Feehan
Civitas  Consultants  LLC
Silver  Spring  MD
(202)  288-0528

Reply  to  Group  Online  View  Thread

Recommend

Original  Message:

Sent:  05-11-2016  08:40
From:  Ron  Butlin

Subject:  Employees  parking  at  meters

Good  Morning,

Yes  this  seems  to  be  a widespread  issue.  We  have  incorporated  a multi-pronged  approach.  We  have  passed  an  ordinance  not
allowing  a car  to  move  on  the  same  block  face  to  avoid  time  restrictions,  we  have  scaled  our  tickets  so  that  the  3rd  and  4th
parking  ticket  are  relatively  expensive  and  we  offer  discounted  employee  parking  at  $25.00/month  in  any  public  surface  lot.  It
has  taken  6 months  to  a year  but  we  are  seeing  results.

Ron  Butlin
Executive  Director

Pensacola  Downtown  Improvement  Board
Pensacola  FL

unsubscribe  from  this  community  discussion,  go  to  Unsubscribe.

Counting  my  blessings  - Sing  and  be  Happy  Today!

http://clerk.lacitv.Org/stellent/aroups/departments/@clerk  master  contributor/documents/contributor  web  content/lacitvp  02671 2. png